Here is a selection of some of our most frequently asked questions
If your question has not been answered, please feel free to contact us with your query and we will be in touch within one business day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use Electrical Trade Distributors?
Electrical Trade Distributors have a comprehensive local stock profile along with service and exchange drives for urgent breakdowns. With over 50 years combined experience in the industrial electrical industry we bring vast application knowledge.
Electrical Trade Distributors focus on specific quality brands of product and provide support and service for anything we promote with a low customer to sales specialist ration that results in unparalleled customer care.
Why support the brands Electrical Trade Distributors does?
As an Authorized Value Provider or AVP, Electrical Trade Distributors have demonstrated to ABB that we consistently deliver the level of customer service and support they expect. We have achieved this by combining our years of experience and expertise with our commitment to four key areas; sales, support, service and engineering.
This provides our customers with peace of mind that we are trained and certified to design, supply and support the products we sell with the full support of our supplier.
Which areas do Electrical Trade Distributors cover?
Electrical Trade Distributors head office is located in Wellington with the ability to respond quickly anywhere throughout New Zealand whenever and wherever required.
What other services can Electrical Trade Distributors offer?
Electrical Trade Distributors can provide a range of additional services including;
- Site surveys – A comprehensive site survey of all electrical products on site, life expectancy of product, availability of spare parts and a suggested replacement strategy
- On-site training – Electrical Trade Distributors can come to your place of work and train staff at a time that best suits you, offering training in applications relevant to your business. We also have demonstration product/cases that can be utilized so employees can train at their leisure
- Commissioning – Electrical Trade Distributors can assist in the initial commissioning of Drives and Softstarters on site as required ensuring a smooth start-up process and total customer satisfaction.
- Firmware updates – We can provide firmware updates where added functionality or program improvements are beneficial to the particular application.
Can I purchase through the Electrical Wholesaler network?
Yes you can, you are more than welcome to buy Electrical Trade Distributors product through the wholesalers and still get the support direct from Electrical Trade Distributors. Due to the agreements Electrical Trade Distributors have made with the suppliers and the vast quantity of stock we have, we have been given the affordability to do this.
Why would I require Service and Exchange drive?
Service and Exchange Drives are perfect when…
- Your drive needs an upgrade and you cannot afford any downtime
- You don’t want to incur any capital expenditure
- You are running a project with tight deadlines and need to cut lead times
- You only need a drive temporarily
- You have a breakdown or repair
- You wish to use a Drive as a ‘proof of concept’ or on a trial basis
We have a variety of different options available in order to support the Drive install base.
If I have an issue can Electrical Trade Distributors come on site to assist?
The quick answer is YES! This is the whole idea behind Electrical Trade Distributors – we can go anywhere nationwide to sort out issues you may have. Our mantra is “The customer comes first – we sort out the issue, get the job up and running, then worry about the paper work.”